Data Protection Declaration
§ 1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) In the following we inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The person responsible pursuant to Art. 4 para. 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is HEDI GmbH Elektro- und Gerätebau Schöneggweg 17 87727 Babenhausen Authorized representative: Mr. Robert Diebolder Phone: +49 (0) 8333- 9211-0 Fax: +49 (0) 8333- 9211-75 E-mail: info_at_hedi.de (see our legal notice).
You can reach our data protection officer at:
Law firm Schenk Datenschutz Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
Auf der Wies 18
Phone: +49 (0) 8333-926936-0
Fax: +49 (0)8333-926936-1
Managing Director: Sabine Schenk, LL.M.
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, your name, your address and your telephone number) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data we have collected in this manner after storage is no longer necessary or we restrict the processing if there are legal storage obligations.
(4) If we would like to use contracted service providers for specific tasks to be carried out as part of our offer or if we would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below. We will also specify the fixed criteria for the storage period.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights against us with regard to the personal data concerning you:
- right to access,
- right to rectification or erasure,
- right to restrict processing,
- right to object to the processing, -right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to file a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority regarding the processing of your personal data by us.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when you visit our website
(1) If you only use the website for information purposes, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with your details, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to guarantee stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 (f) GDPR):
- IP address
- date and time of the request
- time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- content of the request (specific page)
- access status/HTTP status code
- amount of data transferred in each case
- website from which the request originates
- operating system and its interface
- language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, when you use our website, cookies are stored on your computer. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive and are assigned to the browser you are using, with the help of which certain data is transmitted to the source of the cookie (in this case, to us). Cookies cannot execute programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet more user-friendly and effective as a whole.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below: -transient Cookies (see b) -persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. This includes session cookies in particular. They store a so-called session ID, which can be used to assign various requests from your browser to the shared session. This allows your computer to be recognised when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
c)Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
d)You can configure your browser settings to suit your preferences and, for example, refuse to accept third party cookies or any and all cookies. We would like to point out that you might not be able to use all the functions of this website.
e) The Flash cookies used are not recorded by your browser, but by your Flash plug-in. We also use HTML5 storage objects that are stored on your device. These objects store the required data regardless of the browser you are using and do not have an automatic expiration date. If you do not want the Flash cookies to be processed, you must install an appropriate add-on, e.g. Adobe Flash Cookie Killer for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using private mode in your browser. We also recommend that you regularly delete your cookies and browser history manually.
§ 4 Further functions and offers on our website
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. For this purpose, you will generally have to provide further personal data which we use to provide the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) Sometimes we employ external service providers to process your data. They have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, they are bound by our instructions and are checked regularly.
(3) We may also disclose your personal information to third parties when we offer promotions, sweepstakes, contracts or similar services in conjunction with partners. You will receive further information on this when you enter your personal data or in the description of the offer below.
(4) If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
§ 5 Objection or revocation against the processing of your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke it at any time. Such a revocation influences the permissibility of the processing of your personal data after you have given it to us.
(2) Insofar as we base the processing of your personal data on balancing of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if the processing is not explicitly necessary for the fulfilment of a contract between us and you, which is explained in the following description of the functionalities. In the event of such an objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your justified objection, we will examine the facts and either discontinue or adapt the data processing or point out our compelling legitimate grounds on the basis of which we will continue the processing.
(3) You can object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time without providing reasons. You can contact us regarding your objection to the use of your personal data for advertising purposes at any of the following:
HEDI GmbH Elektro- und Gerätebau Schöneggweg 17 87727 Babenhausen Authorized representative: Mr. Robert Diebolder Phone: +49 (0) 8333- 9211-0 Fax: +49 (0) 8333- 9211-75 E-mail: info_at_hedi.de
§ 6 Use of Matomo
(1) This website uses the web analysis service Matomo in order to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. The statistics obtained this way will enable us to improve our services and make them more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of Matomo is Article 6, para. 1(f) GDPR.
(2) For the purposes of such evaluation, cookies are stored on your computer (see § 3 for further details). The information collected in this way is stored exclusively on the responsible person's/company’s server in Germany. You can suspend the evaluation by deleting existing cookies and preventing the storage of cookies. If you prevent the storage of cookies, we would like to point out that you might not be able to use this website to its full extent. You can prevent cookie storage via the settings in your browser. Preventing the use of Matomo is possible by removing the following hook and activating the opt-out plug-in:
(3) This website uses Matomo with the extension “AnonymizeIP”. This means that IP addresses are further processed in a shortened form, which means that direct personal references can be ruled out. The IP address transmitted by your browser via Matomo is not merged with other data collected by us.
(4) The program Matomo is an open source project. You can obtain information on data protection from the third party provider at https://matomo.org/privacy-policy/.
§ 7 Job vacancies
(1) We process the personal data that you have sent us in the course of the application process in order to carry out the application process. The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is Art. 6 para. 1 (b) GDPR and Art. 88 para. 1 GDPR in conjunction with § 26 German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG). Pursuant to these provisions, personal data may be processed for the purposes of the employment relationship if this is necessary for the establishment of an employment relationship.
(2) In the event of a rejection, your data will be deleted after the statutory periods.
§ 8 Balancing of Interest
Should tracking software or plug-ins which do not comply with the European data protection standards with respect to lawful processing as per Art. 6 of GDPR be used for the above-mentioned tracking, the following balancing of interests will be carried out as an alternative:
The processing of data shall be lawful if it is necessary to safeguard the legitimate interests of the controller or of a third party, unless the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject, which require the protection of personal data, prevail. The legitimate interests include legal, as well as actual, economic or ideational interests. Purpose of the data processing is the discoverability of the website and the analysis of user behaviour. The tracking software and plug-ins used are suitable for achieving this purpose. This necessity is justified because they are necessary to achieve the purpose. They are appropriate because they are reasonable for the user and do not jeopardise the adequate level of data protection.